March 22, 2016
This ordinance prohibits direct-point chaining and supplies restrictions on using trolley programs.
SECTION XXI. CHAINING; TETHERING
a. It shall be illegal for any individual to chain or tether an animal to a stationary object.
b. An animal could also be tethered to a cable run system supplied:
- The cable is securely affixed between two stationary objects.
- The cable is a minimum of 15 toes in size.
- The cable is a minimal of 5 toes above the bottom.
- The cable is fabricated from galvanized wire, different composite materials, or steel.
- The tether is a minimum of ten toes in size.
- The tether is fabricated from galvanized wire, different composite materials, steel, or nylon.
- The tether is hooked up to the cable with a swivel.
- The size and weight of tether are acceptable for the animal’s dimension, age, species, breed, and bodily situation with the intention to enable the animal to maneuver freely alongside the size of the cable. The burden of the tether shall not exceed ten p.c of the animal’s physique weight. Pointers for correct tether weight and size could be obtained from Animal service.
- The tether is hooked up to the animal via a swivel hooked up to (i) a harness or (ii) a collar not lower than one-half inch for animals as much as 20 kilos and one inch for animals exceeding 20 kilos with the intention to stop the collar from changing into embedded within the animal. The tether will not be hooked up to a slip-type choke or pinch kind collar.
- The size of the tether could not enable the animal to transcend the boundaries of the property of the proprietor.
- The tether permits the animal to maneuver freely and to lie comfortably.
- The topic space is freed from obstructions with which the tether may grow to be entangled.
- The animal has easy accessibility to satisfactory meals and water.
- The animal has easy accessibility to shelter.
- The topic space is effectively drained.
- Just one animal is hooked up to every cable run.
- An animal isn’t tethered to a cable run throughout excessive climate, together with however not restricted to, freezing temperatures, lightening, tornadoes, tropical storms, thunder storms, or hurricanes.
- The animal isn’t tethered to a cable run for any length or durations more likely to trigger bodily or psychological struggling.