March 26, 2019
Canines will not be tethered between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Canines who’re sick or injured, youthful than 4 months, or in estrus will not be tethered.
Sec. 7-42.Tethering restrictions.
(a) Definition—For the needs of this part, “tethering” means the usage of a rope, chain, or the like, by which an animal is mounted to a set object in order to restrict its vary of motion. Tethering contains the usage of a “run-line” wherein a wire, or the like, is positioned above floor, is tied off between two mounted factors, and a lead is suspended from the run-line to the collar or the harness of a canine which permits the canine to run from level to level.
(b) It shall be illegal for any individual to knowingly enable, condone, or take part within the tethering of a canine below any of the next situations:
(1) Between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
(2) If the canine is sick or injured.
(3) If the canine is “in warmth.”
(4) If the canine is below the age of 4 (4) months.
(5) if the canine is tethered in a way that’s fairly more likely to trigger the canine’s harm, strangulation or entanglement on fences, bushes, or different bodily obstacles.
(c) Town’s animal warden, deputy animal wardens, and cops shall implement this