This ordinance bans direct-point tethering.
9.04.020 – Animal care.
- No proprietor shall fail to supply his animals with ample good and healthful meals and water; shelter which supplies safety from the climate together with 4 sides with opening, roof and flooring; veterinary care when wanted to stop struggling; and with humane care and remedy.
- No particular person shall cruelly deal with any animal in violation of the legal guidelines of the state of Arkansas.
- No proprietor of an animal shall abandon such animal.
- Any one who, because the operator of a motorized vehicle, strikes a home animal shall, inside an affordable time, report the accident to the suitable regulation enforcement company or to the native humane society.
- No particular person shall expose any identified toxic substance or poisonous chemical, whether or not combined with meals or not, in order that the identical shall be liable to be eaten by any animal; supplied that it isn’t illegal for an individual to show, on his property, widespread rat poison combined solely with vegetable substance.
- Any particular person proudly owning, possessing or holding a canine shall maintain the canine securely confined behind a fence or in any other case restrained upon the particular person’s property by sufficient means to stop the canine’s escape; or shall successfully management the canine, whether or not on or off the particular person’s property, by way of a leash or different correct methodology of supervised restraint from which the canine can’t escape.
- Chaining. Direct-point chaining or tethering of canine to any object is prohibited.